rockhampton


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rockhampton
October 27th 2009
Published: October 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So we headed down to rockhapton, the beef capitol of australia, unfortunatly no beef was eaten here as everywhere was shut when we walked through town. We saw about a million jellyfish though on the bridge which put steve off swimming even more then before!! Luckily we were only using here as a pit stop for our farmstay. We got an early morning transfer from the hosle and headed on an hour n half drive to the outback. When we got there we got kitted out for the horse riding then met our horses. I got a pretty fiesty arab with a bubba gump lip and steve got the most laid back lazy horse ever (perfect match, so alike!!). After a quick practice of the basics on a fake cow with a saddle it was time to mount up and head off. most people had a lovely slowstroll through the outback...not me, my horse was having none of it n was off on his own!! We had about a two hour ride then headed back for lunch. After lunch and collecting the eggs from the chicken coop we learnt how to crack a whip and lasoo, hmmm not as easy as it looks!! Dinner time soon followed, had a big meal of lasagne n stuff then a few home made beers then bed. Early morning followed for a horseride to find the escaped calf! We couldnt find it so just walked for a very long time and seen loads of kangaroos and walabees. My horse got a bit bitchy n we headed back. After this we milked a cow, piece of piss if you ask me, the only hard bit was catching the bloody thing!! Then lunch, during which a sand whirlwind started up and smashed through the house breaking the window, pretty cool!! Later that evening we headed home through lots of bushfires and smoke, scary. Our hostel was right under a massive cloud of smoke which choked us so we had to leave early the next morning, you could see the fires from our room.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb