Agnes Water, Hervey Bay, Rainbow Beach


Advertisement
Oceania
October 28th 2009
Published: October 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

ill apologise now for last nights terrible entry about Rockhapton,we were both steaming, so it didnt really do it justice!
We left Rockhampton really early due to the bush fires and made our way south to Agnes water which is a small surfers town. We booked ourselfes on to the first avaliable surf lesson and went back to the room to wait,however we awoke a fair few hours later missing our lesson and the only reason we were there,so checked out the next morning to head to Hervey Bay which was really nice,we took a walk down the marine,watched the kiteborders, played tennis and tess taught me how to play chess which has to be the worst game in the world but only cause its the only thing tess can beat me at, ha! Next morning after almost missing our bus we left for rainbow beach,which was where we were going to be going camping.
We met up with merv the tour bloke, who gave us our intineary and food and let 40 young guys and girls off on there own with four 4x4s and more alcohol than you can imagine! First stop was lake mackenzie. It took us a while to find and a lot of effort when the 4x4 got stuck in the sand and tess had to dig us out! It was all worth it though, the lake was crystal clear and the view was awsome. Didt get much time here unfortunatly but as the road was the beach we had to go with the tide times. So headed out to find our campsite for the night. Eventually made it and stet up camp (or just unpacked the beer!). The ladies cooked up some 'lovely' steak which took a lot of ketchup to cover the sand! The dingos came to join the party and nick the corn beef. An early morning and sore head and we were off to indian head for some sealife spotting. Steve cracked open his first beer at about 7 and we took a walk up a hill where we could look out to sea. We saw Manterays, dolphins, a shark and some whales. All that would be enough for a day but it was only 9am! The lads played some football while the girls sunbathed and tess went to join some fishermen and help them gut there fish! After this we went to a place called eli creek, just to cool off and start another night of camping. Another early morning another sore head and we were off for a 3k walk to a massive sand dune and lake wabby. We went swimming with cat fish rolled down the dunes had a bit of sunbathing for a few hours till it was time to head off. Walking 3k back through sand at midday with no footwear is not a good idea though, there were burnt feet all round, ouch. Headed back to catch the ferry after what had possibly been 3 of the best days we have had so far, nice.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1005kb