moving up the coast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
March 26th 2008
Published: March 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

hi peps

as some of you know (but i am gonna tell you all again) last day on Rainbow beach, me yes Holly jumped out of a plan!!!!!!!!
Anna has tried to get me to do one for weeks and i finally gave in, i can not believe i have not done one before, i loved EVERY minute.... the ride up took about 25 minutes to climb to 14,000 feet i was the first one to jump and when the plan door opened my stomach did a summersault. as i hovered on the edge of the plan looking down to earth, i could feel the guy attached to my back stand up and all i remember is spinning around and around falling out this plan. we free fell for about 65 seconds (best feeling ever) when the parachute came up we did some twists and turns all around. when i got to the ground it was a bit like i was drunk. i would recommend it to anyone (i will even go with you) i have the DVD for you to watch!!!

our next stop was Hervey Bay, it was raining all day so we just chilled out in our little front room (so to speck) and i read a hole book (Nerys i am now addicted to the shopaholics, why i didn’t listen to you) that night some Mexican men from the dorm upstairs taught us some card games...which i will be teaching (they where great games)

we headed up the coast to Krombit it took us half the day. we ended up in this cattle station...very cool allot different then what we where use to. that day we went horse ridding rounding up these goats from all over these hills by the end of it i could hardly talk from all the yelling at the goats and could not walk as we where on the bloody things for about 3 hours, but i did love it. my Horse Buttons kept on falling asleep.
that night we got taught how to crack a whip properly (cowboy style) and some people got on the mechanical bull...safe to say i did not.

the next day was a very long trip we drove for about 10 hours and finally arrived in Airle beach, which is beautiful. we have been out on an all day speed boat ride around the Whitsundays, got to do some snorkeling. we had to where stinger suits as its the jelly fish season (no photos of me in that i can defiantly say)

we spent all day today chilling by a man made lagoon in Airle (as we can not go in the sea) i am getting a bit browner, which is great!!!

tomorrow we are off again to magnetic island just in time for the full moon party on the 28th

hope everyone is happy and healthy and all had a great Easter weekend!!!

catch ya soon

Holly

xxxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb