Getting out of the City


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
March 19th 2008
Published: March 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

hello again

It was great to get to Byron so much more chilled out than the city. we got to Brisbane and just got the bus straight there only took a few hours.
Byron Bay is the best place by far right now. it is sooo chilled the hostel is lovely (even with a pool) the beach is great. first day we lazed around the beach all day...and got bashed around in the surf a bit to. the shops here are just my cuppa tea...spend a bit to much on new dresses opps.
didnt want to leave but we had our oz experience buss booked so had to really.
we didnt know what to think of the bus, we all where not really sure of how it all worked. but when we got picked up in the afternoon, the bus drops off that night in Brisbane (as we are going back up North) and could we get in ANY accommodation that night. the hole of Brisbane hostels where full. so luckily our bus driver when he was finishing that night was driving up to rainbow beach, which is where we where going to go the next day anyway. it was very lucky but did mean we where on that bus for 8 hours!!! he also had to do an itinerary for us, as apparantly we should have done this already (we had no idea) we have a packed next few weeks now!!!

Rainbow beach- its even smaller than Byron Bay- one hostel a few shops but it is lovely. i do really feel like a backpacker her for some reason. first night we stayed in a 8 dorm, as we got there so late we walked in a woke everyone up.

we had Fraser Island booked straight away..we got picked up in a jeep bus, there where 17 of us for two days and one night. first day was a hell of a lot of walking. first trek was in the forest, me and Anna got left behind a bit and a Dingo decided to follow us for about half a mile (i didnt think he was going to eat us) the walk spat you out to a lake which we just swam around in for an hour. before doing our second walk. OH MY GOD we had to climb this sand dune...i thought i was going to pass out, we then had to walk for about an hour across this desert . (for those of you that dont know, Fraser Island is the biggest sand island in the world) i don't think my feet wanted to know me by the end of the day.
the second day was not so much walking, we drove along the beach to al sorts of tourist places, the best place was the Champaign pools. just pools of rock on the beach but was very cool.
we are back at Rainbow beach now and will be until Friday (as there is no bus out) but its ok just to chill which the weather was a bit better (no sun for the last few days)




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb