last leg of Oz


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
March 30th 2008
Published: March 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

hello


Magnectic Island was the best place ever...

we had to get the ferry over and the hostel was one of the best yet. we had a three room hanging over the edge of this cliff looking over to the sea and the rocks below...i could have looked out all day.

we rented this great car (obviously i didnt do any driving) i was map reader, it was a very easy job as there was only one road going round the whole island 😊 we drove all around and stoped of in this wildlife place where i held my first crocodile, snake, lizard thing and a koala. was the best 10 pound i have spent in a long while.

that night was the full moon party. Anna was not feeling very well so me and katie went along. well it was not the best, most of the time they have almost 2,000 people rock on up but this time i recon about 100. there was a big storm that lasted all evening, and considering that it was open air it was not much fun. so firt experiance of a full moon party was not much fun.

the next day it was another early start on the bus but was our last leg it took 10 hours to get to Cairns (good it was painful)

i had booked to do a scuba dive out on the great barrier reef but the weather was so bad and the sea was so choppy i decided against the idea, probably would of got eaten by a shark anyway. Katie still braved the weather out at sea, so me and Anna just went round the shops, and i have been teaching her how to swim so we had a little leason. at the beging of the holiday she would not of even got in the deep end, now she is doing lengths and swimming under the water, (i am just to good)

we went out for a really nice meal for our last night, as Katie is off home and me and Anna are on ur way to Fiji (can not wait)

I have LOVED Australia and will deffenatly come back one day

stay turned for the Fiji blog comming soon

xx



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb