Life's a Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Agnes Water
July 17th 2008
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

1770 Backpackers1770 Backpackers1770 Backpackers

The disgusting kitchen in our first hostel in Agnes Water...

17th July - Possibly the worst hostel yet...



After a Greyhound and shuttle bus journey from 7-10am, we settled into our new hostel, '1770 Backpackers'. Craphole. The floors were incredibly dirty (I wore shoes constantly), the staff were unhelpful, the kitchin was disgusting (see pics!), there were no locks on anything, the shower wall is practically see-through, and the walls between the 3 dorms are only partioned up until about 5 ft to the ceiling. Lucy said I will probably feel the vibrations from the couple having sex next door, great. Lucy asked the girl on reception to lock up her Passports, and the girl just put it in a draw! So Lucy took the Passports back, she was not very happy! We explored the beach after having a chat with our one other roomy, Sah. The beach was lovely, but covered in Jelly Fish so we didn't want to swim! We decided to relax and watch the surf lessons, then we made a giant sand Kangaroo, but unfortunately he doesn't photograph well.

18th July - Daryl's Party Bus!!



Today we moved to the Hostel down the road, 'Cool Bananas'. It is heaps nicer
Agnes WaterAgnes WaterAgnes Water

The lovely beach at Agnes Water
than '1770 Backpackers', and the same price, corr! Me, Lucy and Sah (who was still at the crap hostel) booked a cheap tour of 1770 with a guy called Daryl, and his Party Bus! He showed us all the beautiful bits of the small town, and also provided us with information. 1770 was named because Captain Cook arrived here in May 1770! After our tour, we went for a walk in Agnes Water, to Workman's Beach. Possibly one of the best beaches I have seen! We waited for 2 hours to watch the sunset, and killed the time by playing O and X's in the sand. We had a very tasty (and very cheap!) meal at the hostel and watched the Aussie Big Bro in the evening.

Amy x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb