THE TRAVELBLOG MUSIC AWARDS...Welcoming the Travelblog Big Big Band


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
May 18th 2013
Published: May 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

THE TRAVELBLOG MUSIC AWARDS...Welcoming the Travelblog Big Big Band. The moment you have been waiting for, thousands of Auditions, anxious moments, incredible music, artists, fans aplenty. Just turn to World Music thread, and join the party. World Music from all corners of the globe. Rock, Blues, Rhythm, Swing, Ballads, Chill, Electronic, Classical, Country, Pumping, Gentle, Cruisy, Modern, Tra... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 126, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

TAJ MAHAL & VIEUX FARKA TOURETAJ MAHAL & VIEUX FARKA TOURE
TAJ MAHAL & VIEUX FARKA TOURE

(Photo courtesy Jo Trouble)



18th May 2013

Fantastic!!
What a night, what a celebration!! Such a fantastic collection of music from the TB BBB. Take a bow O Dancing One, take a bow! See you all next year (hopefully some of you before then!)
18th May 2013

CONGRATS JO
Your selfless dedication to Travelblog has caught the Judges' eye...your drumming an inspiration. A well deserved Award. The rhythm section is the backbone of any band.
18th May 2013

Thank you WOW!
Thanks to Dave for letting us share his awesome vibes and encouraging us all to share ours - travelblog certainly has one helluva band :) Very Honored, thanks to the judges!
18th May 2013

CONGRATS CINDY
Once a Rock Chick...always a Rock Chick...didn't escape the Judges' eyes. Yet pays to attend the auditions...well done.
18th May 2013

And the crowd goes wild!
What a great read - lots of my favourites here....Love your passion for music!
18th May 2013

And the crowd goes wild!
If you Rachael had contributed to the forums you would have been a Nominee. Even though we have been to West African music gigs together the judges said you couldn't be nominated. Hope you are now inspired to join the party from now on. Try the World Blues Music thread...you'll be blown away!
18th May 2013

I never know when to take Dancing Dave seriously...
It's such an honor to be part of the band much less be band leader...not sure how that happened. After hearing Dave's story about his gig in Hyde Park, he is much more qualified. Or maybe he learned from his experience never to do that again...except one benefit is signing autographs for zillions of adoring girls. I could grow to like that! So our first rehearsal is on Dave and Denise's back porch overlooking the bush with parrots to accompany us. Date and time to be determined once we hear from Cockle...maybe we can do our first tour of his 18 jazz clubs in Asia...I like jazz. Anyway, Dave, thanks for taking the initiative.
19th May 2013

CONGRATS BOB
So our Band Leader has called us in for our first band practice...hardly down from the euphoria of the Awards. Happy to host it...good call...I've heard some new music recently that is sensational. Well done Bob...I think the judges have made a wise decision.
18th May 2013

Band practice
The band needs to get together for a few adult beverages and practice for our gig. We applaud you!
19th May 2013

CONGRATS DAVE
With your skills and dedication...lead guitar...never in doubt really. Keep practicing. Really looking forward to our first gig together by the way.
19th May 2013

Lots of fun!
Dave, Song of the Week was a blast. Great way to discover new music from around the world that I barely knew existed. Thanks for doing it. If embedded videos were allowed in blog comments, I'd post the finale from Live Aid in 1985, "We are the World". Our version would be great :-)
19th May 2013

CONGRATS EZRA
All your D.J.ing when you were young paid off...now a member of our awesome TB Big Big Band. This is only the beginning...not restricted by peninsular thinking.
19th May 2013

When is our next gig?
Have thoroughly loved the music threads, and many thanks to you Dancing Dave for being the inspiration to nurture music appreciation on this site. Hearty thanks to the judges for bestowing me with the bass duties - I love a great, thick bass line! Apologies for the short acceptance speech, travelling and such speeches don't mix that well. I must add my two favourite concerts of all time - in fact they were experiences not concerts – U2 in 1984 and Roger Waters' The Wall in 2012. Honourable mentions must go to Aussie bands Cold Chisel, Party Boys (the Shirley Strachan version), Rose Tattoo and Midnight Oil (all 1980s), Queen (1986), The Rolling Stones (1995), Paige & Plant (1996), Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (2009) and Powderfinger's final concert (2010).
19th May 2013

CONGRATS SHANE
Kinda appropriate that Jo and yourself form the rhythm platform of the band...the engine room so to speak...a bit like Travelblog itself! Thanks for the heads up on bands you have seen. This year so far for me my top ones of many would have to be Salif Keita at Womadelaide, Horse & Wood at Camelot, Claude Hay in a city dive, Chris Isaak & Status Quo at Deni, Gail Page in Sydney & all the bands at Rock for Doc. Hard to pick isn't it, when sublime comes at so many levels.
20th May 2013

Music is the universal Language of the Soul
Thanks for the nomination Dave. As what the great philosopher Plato says "Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination ... " and I must add, gives back the person's missing dots ...
20th May 2013

JOHANNA
""the great philosopher Plato says "Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination ... " and I must add, gives back the person's missing dots ..."" And there I was thinking the 3 dots were born in Northern Africa...Ancient Greek...the things you learn. Not sure what music I should listen to to let that sink in!
20th May 2013

"TWEETIE BIRD"! seriously Dave?! hahahahaha. this cracked me up =P you're a genius. the band needs to get together for the world tour rehearsals ;) keep the songs coming guys. x
20th May 2013

CONGRATS TYNNIE
What a night...what a band...what a great selection of life stories. Thanks for being part of it. Career change...lookin' good...time for a couple more gigs before our World Tour.

Tot: 0.321s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 46; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb