Im back!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 31st 2011
Published: January 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hmmmmm, so what have I been up to since my last post. Well to be honest with you quite a lot. After three and a half years my US adventure for now at least has come to an end and ive moved back to Sydney. Got a transfer back to the Sydney office and have been enjoying the sights and sounds of summer time in Sydney! There are definitely worse places to be in the world at this time of year that is for sure.

Its been a pretty challenging transition as im constantly experiencing fluctuating emotions missing the people I became so close with in Charleston and indeed the greater south east and absolutely loving re-connecting with family and “forever friends” that ive lived away from for almost 6 years now after stints in Brisbane and Charleston. It is incredibly tough to beat home cooked meals and giving annie endless belly rubs though!

So since ive been back theres been some trips to the outdoor cinema both the moonlight cinema in centennial park and the one right on Mrs Macquaries chair with the opera house and the harbour bridge as a back drop (VIP tickets courtesy of emma
Does it get any better on Australia DayDoes it get any better on Australia DayDoes it get any better on Australia Day

The slip and slide of terror!
and tim – thanks for that!), thousands of trips to various beaches and reef breaks to learn how to surf real waves again, trips to Sydney fc, the Australian v England test match in cricket (if it doesn’t kill you it makes you stronger!!!!), soujourns to the tennis, a truly spectacular and thourughly enjoyable wedding – Nomes and Ben youll have to get married again soon it was just too much fun, my first day off for Australia day in nearly four years with the boys and girls down at headies including a 25 meter slip n slide, a mown cricket pitch and views to take your breath away and countless dinners and drinks with some of the best people you are likely to meet and whom i have the privilege of calling my friends.
Currently looking for a place in bronte with louise and Michael so as to be able to hassle ed and jules for milk and bread when we run out and am in the process of finding a football (soccer for those a little confused!) team.
So enough from me – enjoy the photos and I promise to take more and post a little more regularly!
Keep smiling
Simo



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

What a scene!What a scene!
What a scene!

Back yard cricket on prepared pitch, awesome waves in the back ground, triple j hottest 100 on the raido - must be summer in Australia!
My 15 seconds......My 15 seconds......
My 15 seconds......

As part of the sydney festival emma organised for my name to flash up on the big screen in Sydney!
Dinner before a movie - what a view!Dinner before a movie - what a view!
Dinner before a movie - what a view!

Still representing SC though!
Desk with a viewDesk with a view
Desk with a view

A view of Sydney harbour from my desk in Pyrmont


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb