Traveling up the East Coast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
May 11th 2007
Published: May 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Had an amazing send off with flowers and loats of tears... Me and Llanan were setting off to meet the others in Byron Bay ( Carl , Kelly , Laura, Ned, Andy and Mim )
We had a few beers in the pub before being walked to the bus stop with the whole of the remaining hostel , after a long goodbye we set off in a taxi ( missed the bus) only to be pulled over by two of the boys dressed as traffic controler! more tears we finaly set off to the city to catch the coach but missed it again! had to set off at 6 in the morning with a long 12 hours during the day on the bus arriving Byron Bay shattered!

We set up camp in the Arts Factory hostel with a makeshift wendy house excuse for a tent! It even had no cover so had to hunt the grounds for one before it started rainning. The tent was so small i could barely fit in it with all my bags!Managed to find Kate a new luxury tent apart from the rat that decided to befriend her in the middle of the night and caused absolute mayhem...i heard kate screaming as the rat ran up and down the inside of her tent making rather large holes....the rat went and then returned at 5am scarred the living daylight out of kate!!! ....since that insident she no longer keeps cheese and chive flavour rice cakes in there!!

We managed to sort out jobs to pay for our rent invoving cleaning toilets and changing the rooms , nice! bit of hard work is fine with me though, 6.30 start!Only me and the wild turkeys up at that time!
Its a huge hostel with dorms aswell as a camp ground, a bar next door with a cinema and fire and music shows put on nightly. A really good chilled atmosphere with people of all nationalites.. was able to try out some of my hebrew again! One of the shows is put on an ozzie called cockatu paul ( has a cockatu on his shoulder) where he has a one man 7 piece band! Amazing!

Visited areas surrounding Byron such as Nimbin which is synonymous for its alternative lifestyle and its crazy museum with not much history in it just loads of random junk!, also Bangalow which held a hippy style market with lots of music and we noticed a few characters from Nimbin!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb