Checking out Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Coogee Beach
April 6th 2007
Published: April 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sydney Opera HouseSydney Opera HouseSydney Opera House

Interesting to finaly see the Opera House, I expected it to be sparkling and feel dazzled by it but this wasnt the case!



After a long bus journey we made our way to bondi beach where Jade lives, i was expecting this place to be amazing after all the hype i heard but was a bit dissapointed as it didnt seem that great and the heavens had opened! We had a look around, attempted to do the bondi to coogee cliff top walk but went the wrong way ending up in the rain in the suburbs! Not a great day! Cheered ourselves up by meeting up with the Irish gang we'd met in Peru for some drinks, this is how we ended up moving to Coogee. We instanly felt happier in Coogee, there is a lot more charactor in my opinion with a friendlier buz about the place so we moved over in a few days.

Surfside hostel

..........What a hostel! We had such a warm welcome here, its a small place where everyone is friends so had good craic. Met people who know the same people from Leeds and some of the Irish lads know my Uncle and Auntie , Willy and Sylvia, small world! Happily spent the next month here saving up to travel up the coast and enjoying living right next to the sea.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Me at coogee beach Me at coogee beach
Me at coogee beach

Our Hostel was just by the beach so perfect location!
Carhill, kelly, ned and kateCarhill, kelly, ned and kate
Carhill, kelly, ned and kate

Friends we met in Surfside hostel, coogee


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 59; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb