G'day Cobber!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 29th 2006
Published: January 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Well Landed in Sydney on 29th December and managed to hook up with a couple of kiwi's that we met in Vietnam that sorted us out a house in Manly, (so thanks to Dwayne, Michelle, Fred and Tonia) had a wicked New Year, found a spot just inbetween the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge ready for the fireworks, drank a bit too much (about a litre of Vodka and coke, hic!) then after the fireworks went back to Manly to a house party, everyone was completley spaced out, one guy reminded me of the bloke in Waynes World that keeps walking round saying "man i really love you, no no no you dont understand i really love you man" to every single person, apart from that best New Years i have ever had.
Spent the next few days recovering on the beach, looking at all the fit women, its unbeleivable i dont know where to look, they are all fooking well hot!

Ahem anyway had to leave Sydney (not for legal reasons) to go to Melbourne and meet up with Dave, would have met him sooner but someone was being tight and said they could'nt afford $500 for a flight for New Year in Sydney, whatever Dave!! we all know your minted. Melbourne is very nice though lots of weird Architecture, not sure how their planning system works, as they go from one obscure building to the next.

I have hired a car with a couple of other guys and we are heading up the east coast, works out to be fairly inexpensive and we can go at our own pace and stop when we want to, which is cool. Although we have stayed in some fairly weird towns, when we walked into a pub in Sale you could hear the record scratching and everyone just stopped and looked at us, so we made a swift exit! Also did a penguin parade in Philip Island hav'nt got any photos though as your not allowed cameras, but basically you it on the beach and wait till dusk and you can watch the little penguins coming in from the sea and making their way up the sand dunes to their burrows, really good to watch and definitley worth doing.

So thats about you guys should be up-to-date now i think, next couple of weeks will be mainly spent on the beaches, heading up to Cairns eventually via Newcastle for some 4wd action and sandboarding, Byron Bay for a bit of the old rolf harris on the didgy doo, Fraiser Island and the Whitsundays, so keep tabs on your e-mails and i will update you soon.






Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb