Going away


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 8th 2007
Published: January 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello.

I'm finally leaving Sydney this evening, on a 12 hour coach journey to Byron Bay. I don't really know what's going to be there, but I do know that I will be surfing like a hero within minutes of my arrival. Fact.

Last few days... went out with the girls on Saturday night after having spent most of the day trying to sort out coach stuff (I was very bad at this and it took ages and I had a blinding headache from being in the sun for so long, however in the afternoon went round to the hotel to see the girls, and had a beer. It made me feel much better. Went home for shower during which time they had tidied the room, ordered room service and made it like a little dinner party in the room, they'd even got ice brought up for drinks, by way of apology for being excessively girly and me putting up with them for so long.

Went out to same bar again which is now our local, but had to put socks over my trainers round the corner to get in as they wouldn't let me in otherwise. Anyway, long story short, met (the girls met) some ridiculously rich people who wouldnt let us buy any more drinks, and we stayed with them. One guy had a black Amex card. They don't have a limit. Rich.

Next day they took us to Bondi and bought loads of drinks all afternoon. Then we went to a casino where the very rich guy lost ten grand and was a bit annoyed. Understandably so. I lost ten cents on a fruit machine because I had no idea what it did and I was a bit hacked off too. I think I felt his pain.

Pottered around this morning in the flat and went for swim in the very nice pool there, and came internetting. Coach leaves at 10.30 tonight, by which time I intend to be drunk and pass out all the way there.

I have also decided that "The Mattatour" is one of the funniest things I have ever thought of. Ever.

Advertisement



8th January 2007

Yo, How's it going? It sounds like you're having an annoyingly good time. Must admit I'm a triffle baffled at all these rich people who; a) Acknowledge your presence b) Bother to talk to you c) Want to buy you drinks and food. Disgusted as I am, I'm glad things are going well, and your making the most of your time by not getting pissed every night and feeling awful in the days! Bon voyage, Madge P.S. Just about to watch the Battle of Helms Deep on the uber-hugeness that is my television. It's going to be epic.

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb