NYE


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 1st 2007
Published: January 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi.

Just in case anyone's interested, and so i can remember myself am going to write stuff down on here...

Got here on 28th, went out that night with my first new friend chris, who i promptly lost and didnt have any means of getting in touch with.

Slept literally the whole of the next day

Day after (30th) got up at 5am (jet lag is breaking me) and wandered into town, saw bridge (very big) and opera house (also quite big), both very early in the morning. walked through botanic gardens as well as there isn't very much to do at 6 in the morning in Sydney surprisingly... Went to Darling Harbour, noticed that nothing was open, so wandered round a bit more until it was. Went to "The Rocks" which was quite good, took some photos of myself, then walked up and along the bridge, which maintained it's bigness.

Went on ferry tour of harbour after that which was ferry interesting, but surprisingly cold because of the wind. I had to go and sit inside actually. Finished tour and went to bed for (what was intended to be) a short snooze. Woke up at midnight and came interneting. Woke up at 5 again.

31st- went to Manly on the first ferry (jetcat thing, was quite good). Went to tourist info, however what with it being just after 8am it wasnt open. Went to beach and read book, had very nice fish and chips and came home to prepare for NYE. Bought some shoes for 8 pounds with zips which i liked, then went to bed, didnt sleep (very hot) and got up feeling horrible to go and meet the Halls.

7.30pm Met Halls and friends
7.35pm got on 800 person boat in the Harbour and went to the highest deck with the very important people and their familys.
7.40pm had first free glass of champagne
7.50pm had second free glass. And a free beer, whilst enjoying the two caberet acts on the other floors of the boat.
8pm Commenced 1st course of 6. It was oysters caviar salmon prawns etc. pretty good.
8.30 second course. salad.
9pm First lot of fireworks outside. never seen anything like it. ever. was on the front deck of boat so had pretty good view. lots of photos. and more champagne and beer.
9.30pm Fillet steak (very good) whilst cruising round the harbour

time passes here. mostly drank free stuff.

midnight : honestly the most incredible thing in the whole world. Best view possible of the fireworks that cost over a million pounds. Will go into more detail when i get back as need to use expressions and gestures to convey how ridiculous the whole thing was.

Anyway, went for a few beers (free) in the four seasons hotel after, and got into a round with Phil Greening, which was nice. Very bald. And rich. Got home about half four.

Currently very hungover and starting to bore myself in internet cafe, so going to buy a coke and return gracefully to bed I think...

Hope your NYE was good. Unlikely to have been better than mine though to be fair....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb