Xmas in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Potts Point
December 25th 2007
Published: January 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Xmas was always going to be a hard week and one that we hadnt been looking forward too....mainly because its the time of year to spend with the family and not millions of miles away from home!

Well you have to make the best of a bad situation.....and the heat.....the improving weather and all the BBQ's have certainly helped us forget what were missing out on!!

Xmas Day was forecast to be overcast.....and so our chances of being down the beach werent looking that great. We decided to have a tradional xmas dinner and go down the beach if the weather improved......and after a few too many lunchtime beers i stumbled home with a massive turkey!! Xmas morning began with champagne and bacon.....such a classy combo.... whilst the turkey was cooking in our 1 shelved oven from the 1970's. Following a few guidelines from the local celebrity chef whos on the box everyweek......'Jamie Oliver'.......we managed to have a pretty good feast and a fair amount of Vino all day long.

Boxing day was more eventful as we went out to watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart boat race (Tasmania)......and when we arrived at the place we were supposed to able to see the boats from....there was a plane writing advertising stuff in the sky which was pretty cool to watch. What wasnt that cool to watch was the start of the boat race.....as there wasnt any boats.......which kinda beats the object of watching a boat race. We were surrounded by people who were all disappointed as you could see them in the distance....... i knew we should have invested in a higher quality guide book!! After some left over turkey sandwiches (we had alot of turkey left over)...we had a stroll over through the botanical gardens which was a stunning place on our way to the Opera House. After a few foto opportunities we headed off back into town cream crackered from all the fresh air and the sun!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Good way to advertise....... Good way to advertise.......
Good way to advertise.......

It ended up being Sagem......whoever they are?


Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 80; dbt: 0.2248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb