A walk with a view


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darlinghurst
November 27th 2005
Published: December 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We walked to the Sydney observatory, which is a large grass hill with a white band stand on the top of it where every couple in Sydney seemed to be getting married!
The beautiful Australian sun had made an effort to show it's face today to maximum effect, producing gorgeous 'cloud-less' blue skies. The views from up there were, as you can see, fantasic. There wasn't much else to do other than sit an appreciate both the view and the weather... so that's what we did.
We also walked around the area called 'the rocks' which is one of the oldest areas of Sydney so had lot's of little pubs, one of which is one of the oldest in Oz! There was a very quaint little market there too selling a variety of homemade wood work, beeds, boomerangs and photos. It was a very nice day but a very long walk (once again.. buns of steel!). On the way back to the hostel we came across a huge film shoot on the corner of Pitt Street and King were there were loads of people all stoud around in suites and signs on the walls for the Metropolis bank and all the number plates read as Metropolis too. There was a whole lot of huge equipment everywhere and steward type people keeping us behind ropes so not in shot. We were witnessing a very short scene from the new Superman film!!! Very cool indeed! I think there were supposed to be a couple of explosions that will no doubt be put in digitally and everyone in the suites were running away and looking scared. the whole thing was HUGE, closing off a whole block and the amount of people involved was insane.
That night we went to our local backpacker hotspots Scubar and Side bar after again sharing the lovely tipple that is a $9 box of fruity wine, mmmm nice!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb