Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
December 19th 2012
Published: December 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Australia Routes


So we left the UK on 17 Dec 2012 on the 13:30 flight, which was delayed by an hour leaving Gatwick, so the switch of flights in Dubai meant we were hurried through security and somehow ourselves and our bags managed to make it to Sydney ontime.

Jan and Alek (Hazel's Auntie and Uncle) met us at the airport and we are now planning to stay with them for Christmas and New Year until we leave for New Zealand. They live in Bondi, so we are lucky to be close enough to the city and the beaches.

Our first day was an orientation trip around Bondi Beach, Watsons Bay and Rose Bay.


• We took a walk up and down Bondi Beach and also found Hazel some replacement sunglasses, as she left her Raybans at home. (The good news is that this new pair come with some bling down the sides).
• We had a couple of recommendations for the Fish & Chips at Watsons Bay
• Schooner of beer at Watsons Bar and Beach Club


After fighting the jet lag for the day, we finally gave up at 8:30 and went to bed only for me to
DoylesDoylesDoyles

Drinks in the pub and then Fish & Chips at Doyles
wake up with 2 bites on my arm. (The current score is Mark 3 - 0 Hazel) - I'll add a photos when I get a really impressive one, but beating mum's current record will be tough!

The next surprise (given that I'm not a morning person) was that we both awoke at 8am and decided to take a walk up the hill to find a coffee shop. Jan had also showed us a view from Military road and we planned to head back there and take some photos off the harbour.

After breakfast, we heading into the city on the ferry from Rose Bay. This was a great way to see the Opera House and the Bridge (including the little guys climbing up, which we have booked to do with Jo and Rob in early Jan). The rest of the day we spent walking round a few sights in the city including Hyde Park and the Botanical Gardens. Whilst in the gardens we saw a possum up a tree which provided us with great novelty value, despite being a pest here. (I thought Chris and Claire would appreciate a photo).

In the evening we went up to the bar at the top of the Shangri la to see the views across Sydney. We then went to Sake for Japanese, where the food was amazing, especially the Wagyu Beef.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



21st December 2012
Possum spotted

Possum
Looks like he spotted you too!

Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb