The names Bondi.Beach Bondi


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
December 25th 2005
Published: January 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Merry Christmas!Merry Christmas!Merry Christmas!

Check out the new shorts, bikini and hat!
We woke up and exchanged cards and presents (we both got baseball hats). We put on our new boardies that we had bought with our christmas money. (thanks dad and Anna) We made our christmas dinner which consisted of chicken legs, sausage rolls, ham and cheese sandwiches lots of goodies and a couple of bottles of cheap wine.
We walked up to Oxford Street (the gay capital of Sydney,full of gay bars etc we are definitely in the minority) where we caught our bus to Bondi Beach. After a 20 minute bus ride we arrived at Bondi to the glare or blazing sun, a beautiful sandy beach and hoards of christmas revellers some wearing santa hats and tinsel.

We checked out out the beach to find out that no alcohol was allowed on the beach or the surrounding area, this was a problem as we had 2 bottles of quality chardonnay tucked away in our bag. They were searching everybodys bags going onto the beach and into the pavillion. Even sniffing peoples water!! Luckily there were some lockers on the beach front so we stashed our food and drink in there. From here we went and checked out the party that we had bought tickets for (Sun Beats) but this wasn't really going to start until about 12pm so we headed for the beach for an hour or so. It was really strange to be on the beach on Christmas day. it was kind of good because it didn't feel anything like Christmas so didn't get too home sick.
So at about 11.30 we headed to the Pavillion to be greeted by a sarcastic, non smiling, fat bouncer. We showed him our tickets and he asked for ID (they were asking everybody). We had our photocopy passports on us (that are now looking a little dog eared) so we showed them and he said that they had to be authenticated by someone. Now he had already turned a guy away for not having ID even though he had paid $60 for his ticket!! We were not happy at this point as he had sent us to the side whilst he thought about it. anyway he reluctantly let us in (Merry Christmas bouncer!)
Inside it was not very busy, there were 3 main stages where djs were playing trance, house and hip hop. (we liked the hip hop best) and people
It's just like Summer bay!It's just like Summer bay!It's just like Summer bay!

The oldest life guard association in the world.
were already drinking. A little while later we came out (we had a band so we could come and go after 1pm) and had some lunch and our first drink of the day (under a tree, in hiding!!) This was to be a regular occurance throughout the day. Inside we drank water and outside we drank wine. (the beer was $6.50 a can inside, and you can get a bottle of wine for less than this, so we did well). We swam on Bondi and danced at the party. It got really full as the day went on.
At 6pm Judge Jules (radio one dj) started his set so we listened and danced for a while,it was cool. As the night drew on and the sun fell, we headed off upstairs to the balcony overlooking the beach, whilst chilling out and admiring the views we were passed by the Judge himself, so we had a photo with him. After more dancing and drinking we finally left when it ended. We bought a couple of t shirts that had gone from $20 to $10! We had a really great day and didn't get really drunk but it was great!

When we finally got back to our hostel we phoned home to be the first to have Christmas!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Bondi Beach PavilionBondi Beach Pavilion
Bondi Beach Pavilion

Summer Beats 2005, just kicking off!


Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 30; qc: 138; dbt: 0.157s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb