Newcastle


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Newcastle
November 27th 2010
Published: November 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our journey in Newcastle reminded us of been back home - it didn't help that it was wet and windy when we arrived and during the entire time we spent there!! .....and the destinations on the buses such as Jesmond and Wallsend echoed home as well as the seaside beaches and the coastline which just resembled "Tynemouth" one way and "Whitley Bay" the other and with the brisk cold wind on our faces!!.......and with "Jonah's seafood restaurant" looking remarkably like "The Grand!' it was just like been back in the UK!!! Considering Newcastle was full of heritage architecture, history of the convicts and New South Wale's second largest city, we weren't feeling it and in some parts of the streets we felt slightly uncomfortable! Despite hearing that David Beckham was due here on the 27th November, we still weren't tempted to stay on any longer and perhaps now, 3 nights was far too long in this place, especially due to having to face up to even more "bush-tucker" trials during the nights in our chosen hostel with the cockroaches this time around!!.......so when the time came to move on to "Sydney" lets just say we were more than delighted!!!........................

Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.141s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb