Sydney (Part 1 - flying visit!)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
November 27th 2010
Published: November 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

As we approched Sydney the "greyhound" driver drove us over the famous Harbour Bridge with the blue hazed beautiful "Blue Mountains" on our right and the most famous domed roofs worldwide - the Opera House and the historic Rocks and Circular Quay on our left! We both thought it was great to be back and not much had changed really! The hostel we booked up in for only the one night was a few minutes walk from the bus station so lugging the old backpacks around inthe heat and bustling was quite a challenge!!.......maybe we were slightly early arriving here than planned but it was still great walking around the famous postcard landmarks getting a feel for Sydney once again.......and even better in the heat and sunshine! We even timed it right and escaped the bustle and hustle of the city and chilled out in the botanical gardens with a music concert playing in the background. Although just a qucik visit this time around, we thought we couldn't leave before sampling Chinatown, Darling Harbour, the pizzas and a night out here, especially since it was "Saturday night" and secondly since we've only had one proper night out previously since starting our travels here in Australia due to the cost of alcohol!......and what better way than ending up in an Irish Bar - Scruffy Murphy's after a boozy pub crawl!!
..............the next stop is "Adelaide" and maybe a stop in at the Oval Cricket stadium for the "ASHES!"??????...............

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb