14 Nov Port Macquarie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Port Macquarie
November 14th 2010
Published: November 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

well we arrived in Port Macquarie to broken sunshine and was intrigued seems this is meant to be one of the most popular tourist destinations on the NSW coast and evidence of the convict history........although the first night was dedicated to getting straight on the old faithful "goon" once again!! Since we thought we were been spoilt with this place having 9 or more beaches, our first day was spent site seeing them all and absorbing the fantastic coastal views, scenery, dolphin spotting opportunities (once again amazing to see them) white sands, crystal waters and the beautiful lake consisting of numerous elite boats. There appeared to be more to do here than Coffs Harbour and this place felt more alive although we need a torch at night as the street lighting doesn't quite seem to be mastered as yet! Whilst here we took the opportunity to visit the "Koala Hospital"....maybe more so Kat ..........but it was dedicated completely to the care and preservation of the koalas and was just like a hospital with the rescue ambulance and intensive care units!...it was so sad what some of the koalas had actually undergone from been attacked by dogs, to drowning in swimming pools to loosing their homes to new road developments to been injured in the bush-fires. Despite all what they'd been through some were such characters! .......................you could also say that we've experienced some of the ozzie nature whilst been here too finding two big spiders in our room one night followed by two cockroaches the next - lovel!!! so its back on the "goon" to make us sleep!! .........................

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb