Saturday April 1st


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
April 1st 2006
Published: April 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Saturday April 1st

Lo all from OZ!

Not a lot to report today…

Today we left Byron Bay, (which I found out today is the “alternative lifestyle” capital of Australia…not that there’s anything wrong with that?) and head up to Surfers Paradise. I was getting a little behind on the blog so we went out in search of a café that has hi-speed internet. We found a little one about 5 minutes away that had a really good breakfast. Jason has some really good French toast, with the rest of us eating eggs and bacon.

Surfers Paradise is about 1 hour away from where we stayed, but once we got close to it the traffic really slowed down. There is a huge construction boom going on here, with mega bucks being poured into this town. Surfers Paradise is what I’d describe as a cross between Miami Beach and Las Vegas, with lots of stuff to do. We drive to the other side of the city, and find our campsite, which is quite a nice one, with a good restaurant onsite. We land in and end up doing 4 loads of laundry. Its nice having multiple washing machines as it only took 1 hour to do all the laundry! Anyhow, while I was doing that Jason was watching the kids in one of the three pools onsite, this one was geared for kids with a waterslide.

Not much else to report other than a good dinner, and the family playing in the games room for an hour or so after. They started up the karaoke machine after dinner and we watched that for a little while.

Tomorrow we’re going to Sea World with a twist, we’re doing a seal encounter where we get to get up close and meet the sea lions. We could’ve done a shark encounter but Wes was not old enough yet. Plus we figured that we wouldn’t be able to meet seals in the wild but there is a good chance to meet some sharks.

Probably a lot more tomorrow

Btw the weather is perfect lately… 27-28 for a high, with 20 low and sunny.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb