Breakfast at Tiffanys


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
April 27th 2010
Published: April 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Mayweather at the MGM 0 secs
6am6am6am

Liz opening her pressies!
What a better way to wake up on your 40th than to Stevie Wonder's 'Happy Birthday' blearing in your ear at 6am!! It wasn't long after, that we were up and ready and walking along the Strip! We headed straight down the other end to the Venetian for a Gondola ride, but we were a little early, so made our way back to Caesars palace and collected our Cher tickets for tonight, then hit the shops. Liz bought herself a Tiffany ring with her birthday money, and I almost bought a bag, but I haven't quite decided yet! By now it was late enough (still only 11am) to take the Gondola ride, we chose the outside one, and hopped on for our trip around the front of the Venetian.

We came back along and Nige had a go on a free 'everyone wins' slot machine, $100 on his first go, not bad for a free bet at Casino Royale, so the three of us had a go too and won $50 each!

Due to the concert tonight we headed back at 1pm, grabbed a snack, and crashed in the room. Nige went down to get some drinks, and then Andy received a frantic call from Nige to come down to the main lobby asap as Mayweather was about to come in. We rushed down, it was manic, the atmosphere was brilliant, but we got some really good footage, well worth the effort to rush down, hopefully I will be able to upload it later. (having problems as its on the iPhone)

We eventually got some chill out time, My feet are killing! Liz got her spa bath she had been waiting all day for!

We headed down to the taxi rank and took a cab to the Colloseum for Cher. I thought it was brilliant personally even if those around us were a little reserved! I did get up and have a boogie all on my own and I wasn't even drunk! Then Liz joined me so there was no stopping us!

We went for a meal after, then hit the casino at the MGM for some gambling. Liz's sister had given her $20 to bet on red 27, so we talked Liz through how roulette worked and away she went, the first $10 didn't bring much luck, then she sat there whilst Nige gambled on and all of a sudden she said "Right, I know what I want to do - 4 & 0 for 40, 27 as my sister said and 17 as its my work number, $3 went down on 27, and in it came. Bang. 108 dollars, she was really happy, she changed up her chips for a $100 one, had some pics taken then cashed it in and added it straight to her birthday fund! Sorted! Nige came away $90 up too, and walked away, so a good night in all.

Oh and I almost forgot - I got ID'd at the roulette table, 33 and still getting ID'd. Brillilant!! Liz was not impressed to say the least, especially on her 40th birthday. lol...!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

In your dreamsIn your dreams
In your dreams

Andy is hoping to win enough to buy this car
Forum shopsForum shops
Forum shops

Inside Caesars palace
GondolasGondolas
Gondolas

Liz was hoping for a tall, dark, slim, young, good looking gondlier but we got Dominic!!
No naked JacuzzisNo naked Jacuzzis
No naked Jacuzzis

Couldn't really put a picture of Liz in the spa bath, so this was the next best picture!
Big spenderBig spender
Big spender

Note the Tiffany bag
CherCher
Cher

At the Colloseum after Cher. An Australian guy took this picture, I'm sure this won't humour you but when he handed the camera back, it was upside down. It just tickled me!!!!
Centrifuge BarCentrifuge Bar
Centrifuge Bar

Mmmmm male dancers at a bar in the MGM


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb