2 blogs for the price of one!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 29th 2010
Published: April 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

MGMMGMMGM

Nige from New York New York side
Sorry for lack of blog yesterday - Interenet connection has been bad.

On Wednesday we took another stroll along the Strip, taking in a few of the hotels, and had lunch in a restaurant over looking the Strip, which was nice. It was my turn to buy some jewellery from Tiffany today! On the way back along we went into New York New York hotel which is linked to ours via an over pass. We found a nice restaurant we all fancied for dinner so headed back for a relaxing afternoon by the hotel pool. It was sooo hot,l we got burned, had a quick nap and got ready.

We started the evening in the Coyote Ugly bar, and this time we all got ID'd - turns out everyone does here, Made Liz's day anyway!! Then it was down to the Nine fine Irishmen bar for a few drinks and dinner. The meal was gorgeous, best one so far, if a little expensive but what the hell!

We had a little gamble after, then thought we'd make our way back to the MGM and continue gambling - The walkway we came over on was closed due to high winds! so we had to walk across 3 over passes just to get back, and believe me, after spending 3 days on our feet this seemed like miles, The gentlemen that Nige and Andy are, had raced ahead, whilst myself and Liz were lagging behind! In all my wisdom I swung my bag in a circular movement above my head saying "I didn't realise we'd have to walk all round the houses to get back" down came my bag with a massive thud on some guy's head, whack, I literally sent him flying but he managed to keep his balance, picked up his pace but kept looking round. Liz then thought it would be a good idea if we ran to catch up with Nige & Andy, In doing so this poor guy looked abslolutely petrified and sprinted so fast up the road he almost fell over, he must have thought we were after him. Its one of those stories when you really need to be there, but we just fell about laughing. Nige and Andy were not impressed by the time we caught them up and told them!

Thursday:

Today we thought we would get Monorail tickets
New York New YorkNew York New YorkNew York New York

Staue of Liberty made from Jelly Beans
to save our feet (I am the only person that could get a blister on the bottom of my foot, I'm honestly hobbling everywhere!) We took the tram straight down to the other end of the Strip and went into the Stratosphere, then had a wander back past the wedding chapels and through the Sahara casino before jumping back on and going to the shopping mall. We spent more of our birthday money and had some lunch and took in a few more hotels, then it was back to our hotel to pack and chill before our last night in Vegas.

We ate at the grand buffet at the MGM then we jumped back on the Monorail and headed to the Paris Hotel to take the elevator to the top to look over the strip, it was a bit of a hairy ride up, but worth it for the views. It was then back down, across the road and in front of the Bellagio for their fountain show - To the tune of 'Time to say goodbye' very apt as it was our last night. Finally it was back to the MGM for a bit of gambling - It
PoolPoolPool

At the MGM
was all pretty even, we won a little, we lost a little, we won a little more, we lost alot etc!






Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

At DinnerAt Dinner
At Dinner

In the Irish Bar
Andy GamblingAndy Gambling
Andy Gambling

In the New York New York
Typical menTypical men
Typical men

We only went in 3 shops!
LizLiz
Liz

Down by the wedding chapels
LizLiz
Liz

Still eating well!


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb