Mustang 'Alley'


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Williams
April 30th 2010
Published: May 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Split StatesSplit StatesSplit States

Liz in Arizona, Andy in Nevada!
We left our hotel at 9:30 and made our way to the Hertz collection point at the airport to pick up our car for the next two weeks. We received our keys and made our way to the car, a Chrysler Sebring convertible, slight problem - the roof folded into the boot leaving no space at all for our luggage. We tried to squeeze everything in but to no avail. We couldn't even get a handbag in the boot! We never learn!! Nige went back down to reception with Andy but they insisted we take the car we had been assigned. They called Nigel over - 'Nigg all' as they keep calling him!! Its now became his name for the holiday! Eventually they agreed for us to have a mustang convertible. Scchhwweeetttt!! Within seconds all our luggage was in, so was we and off on our way we went an hour and a half after arriving at the airport!

Down came the roof in the heat. We stopped off at the Hoover Dam for half hour, then made our way to Williams Arizona, one great big long straight road, the temperature dropped rapidly, so up came the roof! It was almost at freezing point vastly different from what we had been used too!

We hadn't actually booked a hotel here so had to find one, we passed through the town on route 66 and chose one in the centre. A typical little American motel - Arizona 9 - Liz's idea of hell! We checked in and unloaded the car, then went to go out for dinner - but couldn't lock the door! C'mon $12 each a night, what do you expect!!

We had harped on for months to Liz and Andy about how great Williams was, Only problem being, we had always came in August not April, completely different outlook. However the restaurant 'Cruisers 66' they did like! We even over tipped the waiter it was that good!!

We grabbed some beers and finished the night in our lovely, quaint, little motel room!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Liz FreezingLiz Freezing
Liz Freezing

She was like this for about 2 hours
Our motel roomOur motel room
Our motel room

And our car!
Colorado RiverColorado River
Colorado River

One side of the Hoover Dam
Our hair wear for our onward journey!Our hair wear for our onward journey!
Our hair wear for our onward journey!

We couldn't handle much more of our hair flapping in our faces when the roof was down!


Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb