Day 13 - Amarillo to Dallas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas
July 30th 2009
Published: August 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We accidentally slept in this day, I woke up about 5 mins before brekkie was to start... so i skipped in then got on the bus..
We had two stops, once in Childress or something similar. Didn't do much there but it was interesting because a tornado had been through the night before! Scary, it was only a coupla hours from where we were staying.
Also stopped at a Walmart or something too.. I'm not entirely sure I slept through most of the day.
Back on the bus we watched Talledaga Nights, and then went past the track that it was filmed at.
Finally in Dallas. Before arriving at the hotel, we stopped to have a look at these bull statues... Apparently it was something like that land was where they used round up cattle or something... I don't know.. I may have slept through it lol
Got to the hotel and its the best rooms we've had so far. Comfy beds, big bathrooms a fridge and all that..
Hopped on skype to mum and dad which was nice 😊
We had dinner at a place called Gators... which was alright - an all you can eat type deal.. and of course, alligators all over the place =P
After dinner, went to the Hard Rock Cafe with Carl. It took us a while to get there and it was definitely an interesting ride... Let's just say Dallas isn's all white cowboys...
Hard Rock itself was actually really good, we had a cocktail and Carl bought a massive Hard Rock Dallas glass. This one has only been open for 2 weeks and the official opening with celebs and what not is not for another week or so.
We had a nice leisurely walk to meet up with everyone else at Black Frier. I only stayed for a little bit, wasn't really in the mood for a big party, so caught a cab back to the hotel with Dani.
Got back, headed to Scott and Carl's room (minus Carl, plus English Michelle and Jess), had a bit of a gossip and some Sex and the City and other rubbish US tv.
Headed back to the room and had the telly on watching the news. For a whole hour they were talking about Jacko's mum getting custody. Then started the following hour with the conspiracies about his death... Too much I think... Bed time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0966s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb