Day 12 - Albuqurque to Amarillo


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Amarillo
July 29th 2009
Published: August 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Was woken up early by those going on the hot air balloons. Went back to bed and got up and packed to be back at the bus by 9.15am.. which was a sleep in compared to other days!
On our way to Amarillo, we stopped in Sante Fe which is a really cute little town. Didn't see too much, but we did go into the St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church which was really pretty.. They also had some live music in the main square so that's pretty cool 😊
Back on the bus and Varsity Blues was put on.. I think i slept through it coz I couldn't tell you what happened.
Had a quick stop in Santa Rosa, then back on the bus again...
Finally arrived in Amarillo, Texas. We stayed at a place called the Big Texan. It was soooo funny. It looked like a saloon, and each pair of rooms were a different colour.
Then we went to the Big Texan for dinner. Here they had the Big Steak Challenge which is even streamed on their website. 4 people on our tour took part, James, Scott, Dave, and for the girls, Erica. Basically, you get a 2.5 kilo steak, and have to eat that and all the sides in less than 1 hour. It costs $72US to do - so we all put in for it - and if you finish it in the time limit you get your money back. Needless to say none did, but it was fun waving to everyone's family and friends back home!
After dinner, we had drinks at the Big Texan, then headed to another place called Buckles or something, then headed back to the hotel! Great night!

Advertisement



1st August 2009

it was great to see all of you on webcam and put faces to the names we are reading about.you all seem to be having a ball.miss you heaps..love mum.xoxo

Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb