Oregon Coast


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Lincoln City
January 16th 2011
Published: January 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Portland to Gleneden OR

Arrive in Portland, OR - Visit Powell's Book storeDrive to McMinnvilleContinue onto Gleneden, OR

Test PictureTest PictureTest Picture

My very first Applique piece!
The end of January will find me flying into Portland, Oregon and heading to the Oregon Coast. I have moved a little further down the coast - south of my favorite Manzanita Beach - and will be heading to Gleneden, OR. I am anxious to see the coast line further south - the waves are reportedly larger. Gleneden appears to have all the essentials - A gallery, a wine shop, a deli and several gift stores and a full-service spa and some great restaurants.

But most importantly it has miles of vacant beaches along the coast line! Gleneden Beach is tucked in the middle of a string of Pacific Coast state parks, each with its own unique coastal attractions and view of the ocean. It is also a popular seal watching area. Gleneden is named after one of the shortest rivers in the world - and its claim to fame is that it hosts two annual kite festivals. Makes sence, more wind - bigger waves - can fly kites higher :-)

It does not have any quilt shops - shocking I know, but am planning another QUILT SHOP HOP on the way south from Portland that will include Boersman's in McMinnville, OR.

The weather forcast is high 40"s, windy and rain - perfect beach walking weather! I am stayig in a small beach front cabin - and they have promised me it will not smell of smoke! I am acutally headed to Colorado Springs for a meeting the first weekend in February - but figured why not head back to the coast since I am SO close :-)
Stay tuned for pictures and updates :-)
~ The Sewonforever Gypsy

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0739s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb