On another trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
August 23rd 2009
Published: August 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, we are traveling again. We have gone on a few things here and there and basically forgot that we had this travel blog. Oops 😊 Ella made her way up to Nashville with her Grandpops and she's going to spend a week at her grandparents' house getting spoiled rotten! We love you Ella! I had a harder time leaving my precious baby girl than she did leaving her mommy.

We are in New Orleans eating as much Creole food we can stuff in our tummies and soaking up as much NOLA culture as we can get. We love this place so much. We've never flown in only driven in the past, and it was pretty amazing to see the Mighty Mississip snake its way through the terrain. It made me want to pick up a copy of Tom Sawyer.

We ate an amazing meal last night at a place called Clancy's. You have to throw down a pretty penny there, but we were blown away by the food and even the desserts! We had scallops with fras grois and shortbreads, which I found out were some glands in the neck of the cow. Maybe the lymph nodes? That sounds really gross so we tried it. They are awesome! These were breaded and then pan fried so of course everything is good like that....but these were so good. I suggest you try some if you ever get the chance.

Today we were in Harrah's by 10:30 am. We had a great time playing craps. We were up but then ended up leaving down. We're thinking that was a donation to the gambling gods so when we head back to Vegas we can have the good karma again. A business investment if you will. We walked all over the French Quarter, bought cigars on Bourbon St., bought some local art at Jackson Square and walked by all the touristy restaurants to this hole in the wall on Decatur called Coops. It was phenomenal food. Chance had a taste plate that had things like rabbit and sausage jambalaya, red beans and rice, and some kind of creole spiced fried chicken. I ordered a shrimp and oyster poboy. May I suggest that place to everyone that goes to New Orleans. It is a bit down Decatur walking away from Canal St. passed Jackson square and it's on the left.

We just woke up from a nap and Chance is taking a soak in our jacuzzi tub. Nice!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb