Work in progress


Advertisement
Published: September 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Interior WallInterior WallInterior Wall

Virgin and Captain's License for Maribel
Here we are in April already. Pete has rewired most of the boat. A 35 gallon waste tank has been installed. The air conditioner is now working. We have transfered the equipment from Zoo, and it is up for sale. New main sail cover, all new canvas, propane tank installed in the stern. Pete is working on aft cabin making an anchor well. Pete will take drawers from front locker, install shelves instead, more useful. Will install drawers elsewhere in the boat. Pete has improved his skills in the carpentry, doing beautiful work.
Pete is in process of installing a 6 gallon water tank on top of the front locker, this will be drinking water only.
A Danforth is being install on the bow.
My cousin, Maty, has sent us a beautiful Virgin of the Charity, the Cuban Patron. The story has it, there were 3 fishermen fishing of the NE coast of Cuba, when a storm hit. One of the fishermen spotted something floating on the sea. Picked it up, and it was the Virgin, then the waters went calm. The fishermen brought the Virgin to a priest. It is known in Cuba as La Virgen del Cobre.
The Virgin
haulouthaulouthaulout

stern of boat
was discovered in the Bay of Nipe in the early 17th century before being brought to the village of El Cobre, nestled in lush tropical forests outside Santiago in southeastern Cuba. She resided in several small shrines, including one in a hospital, until the church at the peak of a hill in El Cobre was built in her honor.
She kept disapearing, and kept being found in a mountain top. Finally, a church was built on the site where she kept appearing.
Ernest Hemingway gave the Virgin the Nobel Prize he won for his literature soon after writing "The Old Man and the Sea" in his Havana hacienda.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.353s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 64; dbt: 0.2352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb