Day 34: Miami


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
January 31st 2012
Published: January 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Had a bit of a sleep in today, we needed to be at the coach by 9am to get it into South Beach. I really wanted to go Parasailing today, but the lingering storm clouds meant that the parasailing was shut for the day. Tom and I just walked along South Beach for a bit, before we headed to Miami Ink. Unfortunately it wasn't open yet, so we just took photos outside. Apparently later on Yoji and Darren were working, so I wish I had have gone back. After a photo op we headed to the Holocaust Memorial, which I was really looking forward to. Since going to the Mauthausen concentration camp in Austria I have been interested in the events surrouning the Holocaust, so this was a natural stop for me. Unfortunately the monument had scaffolding around it, but there were a couple of statues around which were really moving, and the walls behind the statues are engraved with Anne Frank quotes.

After this we decided to head over to the shopping strip (Lincol Mall) and get some lunch. We decided on Pizza. The slices were massive, it took 2 plates to fit one slice. From here we tried to wander back down South Beach, but the weather turned nasty so we headed for cover. We bumped into Jasmine and Brittney so we all hung around together. To escape the weather I introduced the three of them to the monder that is a Johnny Rocket's milkshake. They are so good!

Tom had to leave for a basketball game he was seeing so the three of us that were left tried to get on SOuth Beach again, but once again we were thwarted by the weather. It was then we stumbled over our new favourite store; Urabn Outfitters. This place had the craziest range of gadgets and books you could ever dream of. The three of us have decided to dedicate a whole day in NYC to shopping there.

We headed back to the hotel at 4pm to get ready for dinner and our booze cruise. DInner was at Bubba Gump's, a restaurant themed on Forrest Gump. It was OK, I had ribs and they were good, but not the best I've had. After this we headed out for our booz cruise. 2 hours of free drinks (which we had paid for the privelidge of having) is a bad mix for a group of 21-35 year olds. It was heaps of fun though, as you would expect. We had the most amazing view of the Miami skyline while on board too so it wasn't all about the booze. Kelly had organised for a coach to pick us up after the cruise to go to Nikki Beach, out nightspot for the evening. The busride was so much fun, Rhys being the ringleader of some chants and people singing and having a good time. Unfortunately the club kind of sucked, so people left early and decided to drink on the beach at the hotel and order pizza. This was a wise choice. We had so much fun just acting like complete tools on the beach.

Tomorrw we get a sleep in before heading to Cocoa Beach, home of Kennedy Space Centre.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb