Things to do in Seattle


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
August 28th 2008
Published: August 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I am so excited! I am an absolute Phantom Of The Opera "Phanatic"!. We have seen this musical in Chicago, Milwaukee, Toronto, Boston, FT. Lauderdale and London (England-where it all began). Now we will be able to add Seattle to our list of locations.

Another activity we will engage in is a bit of fun called Geocaching . Click on the link to go to the website to get the full explanation. In a nutshell, we go hunting with a GPS unit for "hidden treasure". People hide containers at specific coordinates around the world and you go look for them with the GPS unit. In the container is a log book and little items that you can trade. It's lots of fun, great exercise and a wonderful family activity. We actually will be doing this in many of the countries we will visit on our cruise.

With the proximity of Seattle to Canada we hope to get up to Victoria or Vancouver for a day. As long as we get there when I've planned for us to get there, we will have several days before we leave on the cruise. We usually try to allow plenty of time as Amtrak is not always terribly reliable for being on schedule. Plus, we want to spend some time in the area before the cruise as it's one of the few places left in the States that we haven't been to yet.



Advertisement



29th August 2008

Woohooo
I am so excited for you guys!!!! And I also wish I could stow away in your suitcase. Heh. Another couple of friends about to embark on a whole lot of fun. Wooooot.
31st August 2008

Suitcase stowaway!
Yep, if you think you can sqish yourself in with everyone else in there!!!!
1st September 2008

Seattle when?
When will you guys be in Seattle? We'll be arriving there around Sept. 11 or 12. Maybe see you there for a few caches? We can get together with Tedcool and have a SoFlo cacher reunion!
2nd September 2008

Seattle 16-19th
Cool! We can have a 5 person caching event!
2nd September 2008

you should try for the APE cache. The area was still snowed in when I was there. I think it is about a hour east of Seattle. BTW--I am insanely jealous of you guys! Have a great time!
2nd September 2008

Hi Jenn! What is the deal with the APE cache? I'ts a micro and a 1 1/2 star?
2nd September 2008

Project APE is one of only two remaining caches that was placed as a tie in to the Planet of the Apes movie from a few years ago. The number is GC1169. It is generally regarded as part of the Geocaching trifecta--original cache, groundspeak HQ and APE cache. And it is most definitely NOT a micro:)
3rd September 2008

APE cache
Thanks for clarifying that! I was def looking at the wrong cache! We will seriously be looking at doing this one!

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb