Less than one month!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
August 17th 2008
Published: August 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Cruise ItineraryCruise ItineraryCruise Itinerary

Grand Asia & Pacific Rim Cruise . . Itinerary pic from: http://www.hollandamerica.com
Less than one month and we head off on our journey! We will be taking a 65 day cruise on Holland America's Amsterdam .

We start off on September 11th from south Florida on Amtrak's Silver Meteor . We take that (overnight) up to Washington, D.C. where we change over to the Capital Limited (overnight) to Chicago, Il. We plan on overnighting in Chicago to break up the trip with a nice comfy bed and a day off the train. Dave is not a huge fan of train travel but when the wife (me) doesn't fly...well, that's what you have to deal with. While in Chicago, we plan on going to Portillo's for the best Italian beef that we've ever had. It's funny, we have various places around the country that when we get there, a top priority is to eat! After a night in a nice bed, shower and good food it will be back on the train to Seattle on the Empire Builder . This leg of the trip will take 2 nights. If all goes well (on Amtrak?) we should get into Seattle on the 16th and have 3 nights there to see the local sights. Hopefully we will get up to Vancouver or Victoria too.

We've already started setting stuff aside; we need to do a dry run with the suitcases to see how much they will weigh. We are planning on shipping stuff out to Seattle. The idea of dragging huge suitcases across the country does not sound like too much fun to us!


Advertisement



19th August 2008

Fantastic Voyage!
Wishing you Bon Voyage!
20th August 2008

Have Fun
You guys be safe and enjoy yourselfs!! CW
20th August 2008

Have a great trip!
Have a great time and be sure to include pictures of your trip!
20th August 2008

yaaay I'm so excited for you guys!
20th August 2008

Bon Voyage
This sounds wonderful, guys. I've subscribed so I can keep up with you. I send love, N
21st August 2008

KEWL BEANERS!!!
Bon Voyage, Happy Trails and all the rest! I am slightly jealous! Make sure you bring home CHOCOLATE!

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb