Day Twenty One- Daytona to MIAMI!


Advertisement
Published: May 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We got into Miami by around 4, and as we had made it a day earlier then originally predicted we now had 3 different groups of friends in Miami that night; Margie and Chris (from San Diego and who came to Vegas with us) they were in Miami for one night before their cruise to the Bahamas, Olivia (my friend from The Hughenden Hotel in Sydney) who was flying to New York the next day after spending the semester at the Uni of Miami and then there were Gavin, Murray and Adam who we made friends with a couple of years ago at Jimmy's Beach who I had only met a few times but Laura and the girls still kept in touch with them. We organised to meet all of them out that night, so after Laura and I checked in and got ready we drove to Margie and Chris' air port near the hotel (we figured we owed them after they drove us to Vegas) and we met the boys for dinner in South Beach at an Italian restaurant that the boys recommended. When we first sat down Laura and I ordered cocktails and before they came out we ordered a bottle of wine to have with our dinner. The boys had failed to tell us the cocktails are 32 ounces, which is HUGE (and expensive) so we were trashed by dinner! It was good catching up with everyone and hearing about where the boys have been on their travels and how they rated it compared to us. After dinner we had to say Good Bye to Margie and Chris (hopefully I can make it to their wedding in September!) and Laura the boys and I headed to 'Nikki Beach' which we had heard was the place to be on a Sunday night. We got to the front and they asked us if we wanted to buy drinks each at the bar or buy a bottle and get free mixers brought to us all night. The bottle list STARTED at $300 so we were naturally like HELL NO, but then we saw how busy it was and assumed all drinks at the bar would be hella expensive so we decided to all go in together and buy a bottle for $300!!!! Because we had decided to do this we got escorted through to the middle of the club (which was a big outside area surrounded by palm trees, with a bar and dance floor inside). The whole middle section had white mattresses covering the floor with pathways between them and booths surrounding them in a circle. He took us to our mattress in the middle (wearing a genie outfit) and brought us ice, whatever mixers we wanted and a massive bottle of vodka (though still wouldn't have cost anywhere near what we paid!). There were a lot of foreigners around, and on the next mattress to us who I made friends with was a bunch of doctors celebrating a couples engagement who had already passed out. Classy!After we drunkenly danced on the DF we went and got a drunk feed (I randomly bought a loaf of bread?) and Laura and I got a drunken taxi home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb