Relaxing Days


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Clermont
February 9th 2016
Published: February 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Lazy Days in the Park

The last few days have been leisure ones, grocery shopping, visiting, and taking longer walks. I have read some of my book, enjoyed the sun and especially enjoy feeling stronger.

We of course, had a Super Bowl party at Kat's house where she made a new recipe with crescent roll dough, chili mix and hot dogs. Kim brought vegetables and a dip, Ginnie dessert and I brought chicken wings with dipping sauce. We had mixed loyalties about our favorite teams but we all enjoyed the game and some of the commercials. The ultra sound of the baby was the majority favorite, mine was the wiener dogs.

I invited our group for breakfast yesterday but it was too cold to eat outside in the morning so we decided to have pancakes and sausage for dinner instead. As the afternoon wore on I could see that the temperature was falling rapidly and combined with the wind was a disaster for a picnic. I rearranged the inside of my camper so we could all fit and we had a nice cozy dinner inside. I guess pancakes and sausage are good any time of day.

Today we went to Disney Springs or some know it as Downtown Disney. It is a series of shops, several restaurants, a movie theater and the biggest Disney store in the world. We had lunch at The Earl of Sandwich, walked around then we braved the Disney store. It was packed! There were teenagers from Brazil ? with their arms loaded full of memories waiting to check out, the line was long. We did all survive and as a reward we went to the Ghirardelli ice cream parlor to indulge in a decedent dessert. I had mint chocolate chip ice cream with hot dark fudge on top and I savored every spoon full.

The weather was a bit chilly, 58 degrees with a 25 mph wind with an occasional burst of sunlight. Much better than being up north but still chilly for central Florida.

Correction: The rocket that blasted off last week was an Atlas 5.

We headed back to the parking garage by way of a boat ride. We had walked to the other side of the lake and rather than walk back again we took the short cut across the lake.

We returned home in time to feed and walk the dogs and rest our feet. The sun came out late in the evening to warm us up just a little before the cold of the night. There is a frost warning for tonight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb