Sea World


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Clermont
February 6th 2016
Published: February 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Sea World

Couldn't figure out why my alarm didn't go off this morning, till I looked at the volume and discovered it was turned off. I had 40 min to get up, dressed, have breakfast, feed and walk Oscar to be ready for my ride to Sea World.

We got there as the doors were opening and thank goodness the line for tickets was very short. The weather was cool this morning and rain was predicted for the afternoon, so for a Saturday the park was not busy.

We headed to the dolphin show and got great seats close to the front but not too close where we'd get wet. The theater quickly filled and the show was terrific. Pictures. They introduced 2 Pilot Whales that were rescued as babies and unable to be released into the wild because they hadn't learned the necessary skills to survive. So they will spend their lives at Sea World. They seem to be doing well in the show, hope it works for them.

Then we walked to the Clyde and Seamore show where we saw dogs, cats, rats, pigs and birds perform very impressive tricks. Most of the stunts were performed without someone telling the animals what to do, they all had a routine and they followed the script. It was great fun with the cat chasing the rat, the dog chasing the cat and animals outsmarting the people. There was a dog on a leash on a picnic with her master and the dog kept stealing the master's food, sneaking out of the leash and jumping back into it before the master could see what the dog was doing. There were 2 little boys across the isle from us and they were hysterical laughing at the act, falling on the floor at the end of the show. So cute... The best part of the show is that all the animals are rescued from local shelters.

Then we hit a gift shop and from there we went to the turtle show. We walked through an underground area to see a huge aquarium where there were rescued sea turtles swimming along with beautiful fish. Pictures There was a 3 D theater in the round about the journey of a green turtle from the egg hatching, the dangers it encountered, to the return journey to lay eggs on the beach it all started from.

On the way out we stopped at the sting ray pool and got to touch the sting rays as they swam by. They felt soft, almost like a jelly fish.

It started to drip rain so we headed to the car and made it before we got soaked. We stopped at the Gador Grill where we had a delicious lunch and a beer, perfect end to the day.

When we got home, we all quickly walked the dogs getting back to our homes just in time before the heavens opened up.

Tomorrow is Super Bowl and yes, we have a party planned.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb