Settling into Thousand Trails park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Clermont
February 3rd 2016
Published: February 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Settling into Thousand Trails Orlando

My friends found me a site that backs up to open land that is actually a cattle pasture. There are only 6 cows and at least 50 acres so there is lots of room for them to roam.

We have had time to visit with each other and catch up a little and participate in activities here. There weather has been beautiful, with sun and daytime highs in the low 80s. There is a beautiful swimming pool, rec hall, an on going rv show, bingo, socials, boccie ball, tennis and a lake to enjoy.

Last night there was a fund raiser for improvements to the dog park and I was able to help make strawberry shortcakes. There were smiles on the customers faces and money raised for a good cause.

Tuesday night Ginnie and I went into Orlando to see a concert by Barry Manilow. Oh, it was a trip down memory lane and just a super fun experience. Barry looks wonderful and his voice is still terrific. It was a hoot.

Today Kat is treating us to dinner at her house. We will bring some sides but she is supplying her famous pot roast.

I continue to take pictures of the critters out back but the hawks have calmed down and seem to have established their own territories. Peace prevails.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



5th February 2016

Glad you are having fun
So glad you are having a good time. And good old Barry! Say hi to the girls for me!

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb