Awesome Group


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Clermont
February 4th 2016
Published: February 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Blog 02-04-16

We are a pretty Awesome group!

Kat and I had arranged to go to Kim's house at 10 am to try to help her with a golf cart. She stored it here in FL last year and the batteries roasted, rendering the machine inoperable. She got new batteries and a friend helped her install them and the cart worked fine but the batteries would not recharge. Oh, what to do! She called a local repair place and they told her how to change the wiring and said it was simple. Well, maybe for them. Kim had taken pictures of the wires before she removed the old batteries so we referred to them and used our logic to put red to red, black to black and don't forget to attach the connecting wires to wire the batteries in a series. It worked !! No sparks just a steady red light from the charger saying that the batteries ( 3 ) were all being charged. We are all very proud.

With all that activity I had to rest up so I went outside to read my book and Ginnie came walking by with her 2 dobermans. We took our chairs down to the trees in the shade and had a lovely time chatting. The cows were in this part of the field so Alfie was very occupied just keeping watch on them. Oscar plopped down and fell asleep and Lioness just watched the world go by.

Then it started dripping rain. Ginnie headed home and I covered up my chairs and went inside to have a proper nap.

At 4:30 it was time to head to Kat's for cocktails and dinner. We sat outside until the rain started again then inside to enjoy our wonderful meal with great friends. Kat made shredded beef in her crock pot, mashed potatoes and I brought carrots. Kim brought red velvet cupcakes for dessert and we shared a Florida dessert wine that was fabulous.

As it turns out, there is a special at the local winery tomorrow, buy one case, get the second free. Guess what we are planning for tomorrow....


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Ginnie and AlfieGinnie and Alfie
Ginnie and Alfie

Ginnie has a good grip on the leash. Alfie wants to get the cows.


Tot: 0.353s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 97; dbt: 0.1968s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb