Day 3 - Washington


Advertisement
Published: November 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Got up early and headed to Union Station to catch our hop on, hop off or bus. After about 20mins of walking, realised we’d gone in the opposite direction and then had to walk at least twice the distance to Union Station.

Headed to the Smithsonian, but only went into the Air and Space museum. Was unbelievable. But Andrew is still very sceptical about the moon landing. Still pretty amazing.

Then headed to Capitol Hill, where we stood on the spot that Barak Obama was inaugurated. Also went into the Washington Supreme Court, Jefferson Building and the Library of Congress. Did a tour inside the Capitol Building. It is amazing, all lime stone and hundreds of stone and bronze statutes of Presidents and other influential Americans. Stood in many famous spots and in saw heaps of stuff I can’t even begin to explain. The paintings, ornate court rooms and sculptures were fantastic.

By this time it was nearly 3, so found some lunch and thought we’d save ur legs since they were already aching after the 7 hours we had been walking for, and just sat on the bus for the rest of the tour. Saw Washington National Cathedral, the Vice President’s house, Lincoln Memorial, reflecting pool, and heaps more.

Walked back to the hotel and went past the Verizon Centre (home of Bball and a few other spots). A few stragglers were leaving the basketball game that had just been played (women’s college (Andrew is asleep so I can’t confirm that) so when we had the chance we quickly ran in and managed to see the court. Although we had seen some absolutely incredible buildings and history, this was the best part of Andrew’s Day (he is denying, but i you look at the photos you can tell.
Back at the room now, feet are covered in blisters, having a break before heading back out to dinner...
What a day!!!

FREE INTERNET!!! YEAH!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



19th November 2009

Nice man bag andrew
Hello manhires! Great to hear from u guys. How awesome is travelling! How's the weather? Keeping warm? Nice man bag Andrew!
24th November 2009

There is nothing wrong with a man bag!!
Howdy! Travelling is very cool. Weather is great - cool, but fine! Plenty of tips for you guys when you travel to New York. Definitely need to stay here at Apt 168 - right near Times Square and all the action. Have a great trip and speak with you shortly!!

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb