San Diego


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
October 25th 2007
Published: August 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Las Vegas - San Diego

25/10/200

San DiegoSan DiegoSan Diego

Driving down the interstate during the Californian fires
We were up super early this morning to pack up our mess and head down to meet the rest of the group at their hotel. We were in the van and on our way to San Diego by 8AM, we had a long drive today. We also needed to take a bit of a detour due to all the fires in California. As we entered California and got closer to the fires the sky actually turned red and the stench of smoke was intense, we were extremely close. We suddenly saw a large helicopter fly overhead and drop a ton of water into the forest just off the road. We stopped to have lunch at McDonald’s by this time Ben had absolutely no money left and we ended up putting in for his lunch. We set off shortly after and made straight for the campsite. It was more of a caravan park because most of the campsites were being used to house the evacuees from the fires, though there were still so many people staying here who were evacuated.

We unpacked the trailer and setup our tents, for the rest of the afternoon we hung around the campground. Some of
San DiegoSan DiegoSan Diego

The surrel atmosphere during the Californian fires
the group had a nap, Hannah and I headed down to check out the small beach on the other side of the campground. When we returned everyone started getting ready because we were having dinner at Tyson’s parents house, they were cooking us a true Mexican meal. It was a long drive to get there, we went inside and were introduced to his parents who were lovely. There were plenty of tortilla chips, dips, nuts and drinks for us to nibble on while they prepared dinner. We all sat around chatting and sharing stories of the amazing time we’d all day so far on this trip. When dinner was ready, Tyson gave a walkthrough on how we put it all together. It was a dish with vegetables, chicken and topped with some tortilla chips and it was absolutely delicious, really good Mexican food. We grabbed a Margarita and sat around the tables eating dinner. Afterwards we stayed a little longer but we were all falling asleep. Eventually after a long goodbye we took the long trip back to the campsite and we all went straight to sleep.


Day 62:
Las Vegas - San Diego
300 MILES TRAVELLED //
San DiegoSan DiegoSan Diego

Dinner at Tyson's parents house
11520 TOTAL
Campland on the Bay

Advertisement



10th September 2008

end of trip?
i was really getting into that, then it ended!! lol what about the final two days of the trip? i planning on doing this so found your postings really useful

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb