Thanks for the memories!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Sacramento
September 16th 2007
Published: September 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

"The" bike"The" bike"The" bike

A man and his bike that glides. We should all have such great hobbies!
Ann here -- okay, so Katherine has called me on this! I keep saying how I need to wrap this vacation blog up with a final entry... she says I'm not doing it, as I don't want the trip to "end". She's right! If I make this entry, then that makes it final... our amazing trip is over, vacation is over, back to the day-to-day reality of work. Well, our trip has been "over" for two months now, but we talk about it often... laugh about it often... and cherish the endless memories... many of them noted right here in this travel blog. But, with all things in life, we must move on!

We recoiled... ending our trip as it had started... at the bike shop! We had to kiss Phil's new bike goodbye before heading off to the airport. We had one last beer at LaGuardia airport before boarding the plane for the long flight home. After saying our tearful goodbyes, we boarded the plane. We had an hour layover in Denver... we decided to grab dinner... the Colorado Rockies game was on in the background at the bar... David says "darn, it's an away game"... we said "what?"...
Beauty ey?Beauty ey?Beauty ey?

A sight to behold!
David says "if the Rockies were in town, I was thinking we could catch a few innings!" Uncle Phil has created a monster! 😉

Coming home from our trip, it was impossible for any of us to pin-point our one favorite adventure. It was all amazing! Now, having had more time to think about it... the "Rush Tickets" adventure bubbles to the top. Mainly the way it played out... the odds against winning any tickets, much less 4 of them!... the visiting we got to do while waiting in line... the fact that my big brother left his office in the middle of the afternoon to experience it with us! 😊 There are moments in life when odds are defied... moments to cherish!

Saying "Thank You" to Phil, Mary, and Steven just isn't enough for all the great memories we came away with. A trip of a lifetime... filled with great family memories that we will cherish!

xoxoxo, Ann


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Walk this wayWalk this way
Walk this way

Sign at the front gate of Gene Wilder's house. Great Young Frankenstein reference!
Runway on a PierRunway on a Pier
Runway on a Pier

Steve Williams said LaGuardia looks as though you're landing/taking off from a pier. Sure looked that way!


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb