A little piece of paradise


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Puerto Escondido
September 15th 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After a huge thunderstorm we hopped on the bus in acapulco ready for a 7 hour bus ride to Puerto Escondido, after experiencing 7 hours of a leaking air conditioning system and watching 3 english films all dubbed in spanish we arrived to Dan and Carmens cabanas, which i can only describe as paradise.
There are about 10-12 private cabanas hidden amongst a jungle of palm trees and when i say cabanas theyre more like apartments with a kitchen,a hammock and dining room and then in another room is a huge bedroom and bathroom, ours over looked the pool and had the most amazing view of the bay, the next floor up was a rooftop terrace where we sat and watched the sunset with a few drinks, all for $15usd each a night!
Puerto escondido itself is kind of a sleepy chilled surfer town with lots of aussies here for the surf, the drinks are cheap, the food is good and the beach is huge! its not recomended that you swim many places up the coast because of the strong undercurrants and huge waves but if you walk 15 mins or so down the bay the water is alot calmer and better for swimming.
Most of the time was spent on the beach, by the pool and sampling the night life with its rooftop bars and 2x1 cocktails, we did decide to cook one night and when i say we, what actually happened was that i ended up cooking whilst the boys helped by getting smashed and breaking the fridge i have decided that no more cooking will happen unless im drunk first.
The plan was to spend about 3 days in Puerto Escondido but our plans changed slightly when we were mis-informed about bus timetables and missed both buses which meant we spent another day and a half there soaking up some more sun, i was in fact quite sad to leave but the next stop was Palenque to do some sight seeing!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

The main stripThe main strip
The main strip

laid back strip with restaurants and bars and a sandy path


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb