First stop Acapulco


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Acapulco
September 13th 2006
Published: September 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After 4 days in the city me, tom and dom caught a flight to mexico city, and then the bus to acapulco, the flight was at 4am so i didnt bother sleeping, arrived at the airport only to be told i had too much luggage so they slapped a $50 charge on me, got angry at the check in clerk and finally gave in and paid it making it very clear i wasnt happy, i was then chosen for a spot search which added to my good mood! we caught a flight to houston, had a 2hour stop over then a flight to mexico city, then a 5hour bus ride to acapulco, all in all alot of travell time and not enough sleep but all was rectified when i got to spend the next day sleeping in the scorching sun!
Acapulco is huge, i was expecting it to be pretty small but the houses go right up into the huge green cliff sides that surround all the bays, there is a main strip with all the bars and restaurants on all of which sell 2 for one cocktails which we made sure we made the most of!!and as many tacos as you can eat!! we spent the first day on the beach outside our hostel but i nearly drowned in the sea a couple of times due to the waves so we caught the bumpiest bus ride of my life down to playa calita at the other end of the bay where the water was calm and there were fewer people pestering you for henna tattos and jewelery!! we then caught a taxi up into the mountains to watch some cliff diving, 6 or 7 crazy little mexican men climp up the cliff side and dive of, it made my stomach turn just watching them but it was very impressive to watch.
We then headed to the tackiest mexican bar we could find where a very strange and very drunk mexican clown made everyone balloon hats and i tried to hook tom up with a spanish waitress, but due to the fact that she spoke no english and him no spanish it was going no where fast so we got stuck into the cocktail list instead!
All in all acapulco was awesome and great for soaking up the sun,
next stop is south east of acapulco to puerto escondido where we
smallest mexican man ive ever seen!!smallest mexican man ive ever seen!!smallest mexican man ive ever seen!!

poor little guy was having some trouble pulling an ice cream cart bigger than him!!
have private cabbanas and hammocks awaiting our arrival!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

me and tom me and tom
me and tom

At La Quebrada cliffs
La Quebrada cliffs La Quebrada cliffs
La Quebrada cliffs

This is the cliff the divers jump of
La Quebrada cliff diversLa Quebrada cliff divers
La Quebrada cliff divers

The crazy little mexicans that dive of the cliffs making their entrance
La Quebrada cliff diversLa Quebrada cliff divers
La Quebrada cliff divers

jumping into the waves!
La Quebrada cliff diversLa Quebrada cliff divers
La Quebrada cliff divers

climbing up the cliff side
La Quebrada cliff diversLa Quebrada cliff divers
La Quebrada cliff divers

one of the cliff divers getting ready to jump off the highest part of the cliff, the blue shrine is for good luck
a glass of mexcal anyone?a glass of mexcal anyone?
a glass of mexcal anyone?

nasty drink that tom decided to try when he was leathered, some kind of tequila concoction
too strong for tom!too strong for tom!
too strong for tom!

i think it was a bit more powerful than he first imagined!
balloon hats!balloon hats!
balloon hats!

tom pulling his best gay boy pose


17th September 2006

J E A L O U S >:( It looks like your having an amazing time, that beach looks so fit! keep these coming, they are depressing but nice at the same time.
20th September 2006

damn you!
i am soooooo jealous because i would SO be there with you if it wasnt for stupid uni. and i miss you so much! i think i am boycotting the family holiday to New Zealand which takes place when you are due to arrive, i cant wait one more day! love you! see you soon!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb