A mexican excursion


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Chiapas » Palenque
September 19th 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We left Puerto Escondido in the afternoon on the bus to San Christobel which took 12 hours and then a 5hour bus to palenque where we spent a night and went on a day trip to visit the mayan ruins and waterfalls that palenque is famous for.
For $10 we had a private mini bus that took us to the mayan ruins where you can explore old palaces and tombs unfortunatly it was a misty morning so the pictures are kind of unclear, we were then taken to misol ha which is a huge waterfall where some of the film predator was shot, its a pretty impressive setting with a huge waterfall that falls into a large pool surrounded by rocks and some smaller caves but the Agua Azul waterfalls that we were taken to next were amazing as you can see from the pictures. The boys managed to find a piece of rope tied to a tree and turned it into a rope swing that they launched themselves into a calmer part of the waterfall with.
Both the ruins and the waterfalls are extremelly impressive and are a must if your ever in palenque!
Today were catching a bus to Playa Del Carmen where i spent some of my travells last year and then meeting Bridie in Cancun on saturday night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

who puts a tree in the middle of a walkway?who puts a tree in the middle of a walkway?
who puts a tree in the middle of a walkway?

a tree in the middle of the path confused me a great deal
how many mexican kids can you get into one car??how many mexican kids can you get into one car??
how many mexican kids can you get into one car??

about 27 plus a driver and a teacher in a 15 seater mini van, we watched in amazement as they all piled in!
me being dangerous!! me being dangerous!!
me being dangerous!!

climbed out to a tree over the waterfall, wasnt very high but i was quite proud of my achievement as you can see by my celebratory pose!
this sign was made to confuse poor simple people like methis sign was made to confuse poor simple people like me
this sign was made to confuse poor simple people like me

dangerous not to swim in a huge waterfall?? or do they mean dangerous do not swim??


28th September 2006

green with envy
i wanna b there! it looks like your having the time of your life. go girl!!!!xxxxxx much love dad
12th October 2006

sniff sniff sniff
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW baahhh i miss you baaahhhh you're having a ball and im So envious but live it on up for me!! cant wait to see you here!!!xooxoxox

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb