Acadamic Year 2013


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Sudbury
September 4th 2013
Published: September 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Cabin in SpringCabin in SpringCabin in Spring

Before the infamous deck ....
With great horror I realize that I HAVE NOT BLOGGED FORa whole YEAR !!! oye vey ... not that I have not had adventures, excitements, encounters y muchas diversiones.

Survived Spanish Year three. Dropped Anthropology. Had a great time in St. Vincent. Worked at de-weeding my veg garden space with the help of a friend visiting from England via Australia.

Drove the length of Manitoulin Island (largest fresh water island in the world), crossed Georgian Bay with the Chuchiman Ferry(sic), stayed at an extremely pleasant B&B near Kincardene Ontario, did the whole enchilada at Niagara Falls and safely put my friend on the plane to London in the middle of June. She had a wedding to attend and I had a cabin to prepare for possible rental by next summer.

With the help of my sister the banister has been safely attached to a much maligned deck. The interior will be whitewashed by a young friend who can climb to the top of the gables.

With same sister ... the one and only ... undertook a road trip to Ottawa and Quebec City. Both cities filled with tourists. Enough restaurants in Quebec City to eat at a
Pocket FriendsPocket FriendsPocket Friends

Each has a story, is comfy and fits into the palm of your hand or your pack/pocket.
different establishment all 365 days of the year. Thanks to good driving on the part of Sister returned safely in late August.

Uni classes began today. Parking impossible. Professors amicable. Spanish Year Four will prove interesting with much speaking and discussing. Indigenous class began with sweet grass and tobacco circle ceremony.

Getting ready for Fall Fair at Anderson Farm, a heritage place in the next small town from my place. Will be flogging damit dolls, knitted bracelets, gloves, socks, and pocket friends. Bisquits for the dogs will be sold in conjunction with my friends doggy jackets.

Money from the bracelets and pocket friends goes to the www.stevenlewisfoundation.org which supports Grannies in Africa.

Hopefully next blog will appear sooner than 2014.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.9kb