Plans for China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Dongcheng
December 9th 2012
Published: October 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Beijing Subway had 2.18 BILLION riders in 2011 and had a one day record of 8.59million riders April 28, 2012
Beijing is forth in track length -372km.- after Shanghai, London and Seoul. It is forth in annual ridership after Tokyo, Seoul and Moscow.
...hoping to be riding this subway this time next year ... well may be after the Oh Tannenbaum time ...2012-12-09 ...

OK that was a while ago!

Was plagued ... no pun intended ... with thoughts of pollution, chicken fever, dengue flu, population pressure,lack of language skills-mandarin or cantonese- and the plague so postpined the idea.

But when I went to the dentist she and her husband had gone on a two week trip to China with Sinorama Holidays Inc. Their enjoyment and recomendation influenced my thinking.

Am leaving Nov.10 for Beijing, joining the group on the 12th and will be with them on bus, plane, boat and rickshaw until Dec.9. Then, after nine days in Hong Kong with my re-entry visa I continue on my own until Jan 16. 2015. Halleluja!



Particulars and adventures will follow. I have had all the neccessary shots; two doses of Dukarel for $16 from
In floodplain. On stilts. In floodplain. On stilts. In floodplain. On stilts.

The cabin by the lake will remain the summer retreat. The apartment at the Ukrainian Senior Centre is winter's nest.
a doctors perscription not $81 as offered by the Health Unit; have bought a smaller backpack for more comfort in accordance with my age the number of which will never pass my lips, and I have been walking in my boots to get my feet used to closed shoes. No open Birckies on the spitted streets of Shanghai! and any other city. Apparently the spitting is a common occurance?!? In Singapore its against the law ... not going there.



My living conditions have altered dramatically and all is comfy cosy filled with too much . New rule; food and gasoline ... no other aquisitions!

GETTING EXCITED!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Wall in waiting.Wall in waiting.
Wall in waiting.

The horses in the snow series has been waiting since March to be hung.
View from balcony View from balcony
View from balcony

The place is small and getting fuller. Have had to move in wool and dollhouse because of damp conditions in storage sheds.
Control CentralControl Central
Control Central

Have not bought into Eastlink Cable ( no Knowledge Channel BC) nor landline so laptop is access point to news and entertainment.


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb