Background: A land of vast distances and rich natural resources, Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867 while retaining ties to the British crown. Economically and technologically the nation has developed in parallel with the US, its neighbor to the south across an unfortified border. Canada's paramount political problem is meeting public demands for quality improvements in health care and education services after a decade of budget cuts. The issue of reconciling Quebec's francophone heritage with the majority anglophone Canadian population has moved to the back burner in recent years; support for separatism abated after the Quebec government's referendum on independence failed to pass in October of 1995.
Photos from Sudbury
Blogs from Sudbury
Latest Blogs from Sudbury
- September 4th 2013 Acadamic Year 2013
by Words: 318 Photos: 2
- April 20th 2012 April Snowstorm
by Words: 357 Photos: 5
- December 13th 2011 Guelph, On to Sudbury,On
by Words: 594 Photos: 37
- November 10th 2011 Farewell my dear home. I hardly knew ye.
by Words: 3356 Photos: 31
- September 23rd 2011 Sudbury, ON
by Words: 110 Photos: 8
- September 14th 2011 The countdown begins once again.
by Words: 272 Photos: 0
- July 26th 2011 Sudbury: Through the eyes of a local.
by Words: 433 Photos: 172
- July 25th 2011 Sudbury, Ontario
by Words: 364 Photos: 0
- July 18th 2011 July 16 - 18 Sudbury visit
by Words: 662 Photos: 7
- May 18th 2011 First entry in Canada
by Words: 1955 Photos: 586
- April 28th 2011 In the Beginning Writers Used Quills ...
by Words: 1107 Photos: 0
- July 31st 2010 Ottawa to Sault Ste. Marie
by Words: 1245 Photos: 0
- February 19th 2010 Chilliwack to Sudbury
by Words: 418 Photos: 22
- October 23rd 2009 Winter Wonderland
by Words: 419 Photos: 0
- September 15th 2009 Jams for "Grannies in Africa" at the Fall Fair
by Words: 512 Photos: 3
- August 3rd 2009 Preparing for trip
by Words: 200 Photos: 0
- July 10th 2009 Wet and Wonderful Weeds
by Words: 594 Photos: 4
- July 3rd 2009 Sitting on Lake Wanapitei
by Words: 120 Photos: 0
- December 4th 2008 Winter Has Begun!
by Words: 900 Photos: 3
- October 2nd 2008 Fall ..Fall ..Fall ..into Red and Gold
by Words: 171 Photos: 4