22cm of fresh


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Whistler
February 4th 2009
Published: February 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We finally had some fresh snow on Sunday, 22cm fell in 24 hours, unfortunately we spent Sunday night in the GLC bar watching the Superbowl (proved to be a much more interesting game than we were expecting) and then trying to win a heli boarding trip in a raffle draw, unfortunately we didn't win it but one of the guys we have met, Johnny, did. The fact that he knew the guy doing the draw might have helped but maybe not.

Monday proved to be very difficult to get up for and the bad light and strong winds made me wish I'd not bothered. One of the guys we have met, Lez, saw through his promise to give Helen a lesson despite the fresh snow, some of his methods proved better than mine, the throwing snowballs at her to force her to do as instructed was particularly effective.

Tuesday and Wednesday have been much better with brilliant sunshine and clear skies allowing us to see where all the good snow is. Anna and Steve and some of their friends are out here on holiday so thank fully the Yorkshire Tea supply is back up to full strength. Anna has been out riding with Helen and I have taken Steve to show him some of the better spots in the area, we found some nice powder on Tuesday in the Flute Bowl and today after a 30 minute hike / climb up to the top of the Blackcomb Glacier.

Having lots of fun and meeting new people all the time and the bags under my eyes are nearly gone, this trip is proving to be very refreshing.

Oh yes, the oven is also fixed, these american ones are very complicated.

Iain.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Under the new Peak to Peak GondaleUnder the new Peak to Peak Gondale
Under the new Peak to Peak Gondale

Still not been on this yet, looks a bit high up to me!


Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1141s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb