Greece it is!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Burnaby
March 13th 2012
Published: March 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So I've decided to go to Greece after all.

It's more expensive to get to.. but when you get there, it's cheaper. And I really am looking forward to some fun in the sun, so I think it's going to be the perfect place to go. Who knows when I will be able to get back to Greece anyway?

Now, there are a few things that I love about Greece.

Firstly, I love the food. Greece has the traditional Greek food items that we all know and love, the fresh seafood, calamari, tzatziki, and all of that, but some things you wouldn't think of. Like Greek pastries. Not just spanakopita, but cheese pies, and potato pies. And it's cheap. There's also Gyros sold on every corner (basically the Greek version of a kebab), and you can get beef, chicken, or lamb, with an array of vegetables, and french fries stuffed in there. As wierd as that sounds, it tastes amazing and only costs about 2 euros for one, and they are big and filling.

Secondly, I love ferrying through the mediteranean. It's beautiful! It's hot, and salty, and windy. You pass through passages of islands, with ruins jutting out from a random hilltop, beautiful sunsets and sunrises. Taking a ferry to a Greek island is an experience in itself. Picture hundreds of sleeping backpackers on semi shaded decks, and being woken up by the sun rising over an endless sea.

Thirdly, the people. Greek people have something about them. In "My Life In Ruins" (a movie) they call it Keffe (Keffee? Not sure how to spell it) It's that relaxed, simplicity. You meet the right Greeks, and it can make your entire experience.

And lastly, the views. It seems like everywhere you go in Greece there is a view. and I am a fan of views. Hill top views, sea views, anything that is a nice view! And there's something historic and interesting about everything there. Views of the acropolis, views of the ocean, views of the cliff side town on Santorini. It's definitely a fantastic place to go.

It seems like alot of backpackers never make it to Greece. It's a bit farther to get to than most European countries, and maybe a bit more difficult to get to. You can't access it on a train like most places. But it's definitely worth going to. Catch a ferry, or a flight (luckily enough, easyjet and ryan air are both flying to Greece now, they never used to) Even if you make it over to Corfu, it's definitely worth it.

Oh. By the way, Greece is great for partying too for all those not only interested in the culture.



Happy Travels!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb