North Shore Village
Background: Bermuda was first settled in 1609 by shipwrecked English colonists headed for Virginia. Tourism to the island to escape North American winters first developed in Victorian times. Tourism continues to be important to the island's economy, although international business has overtaken it in recent years. Bermuda has developed into a highly successful offshore financial center. A referendum on independence was soundly defeated in 1995.
Blogs from North Shore Village
Latest Blogs from North Shore Village
- July 11th 2006 Gone fishing.....
by Words: 230 Photos: 1
- June 4th 2006 Gombeys
by Words: 693 Photos: 3
- June 4th 2006 more adventures
by Words: 286 Photos: 9
- May 17th 2006 Sunny/rainy bermuda
by Words: 369 Photos: 12
- April 23rd 2006 20/20 cricket
by Words: 272 Photos: 0
- April 15th 2006 Easter Friday....
by Words: 360 Photos: 4
- April 9th 2006 So the adventure begins.....
by Words: 1090 Photos: 4