Oh, this is what they mean by "it's a long winter in England!"


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Suffolk » Bury Saint Edmunds
March 19th 2013
Published: March 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It is cold! And has been for a while, however following a wee dusting of snow where we thought, oh this is nice.....a dumping of snow has arrived and stayed well and truely for a few weeks! This is all well and good if you live and work inside, but when the pipes freeze and the horses need water what do you do? Oh just bucket water up the hill and take a hammer to smash the inch thick ice twice daily! At the risk of sounding like a wingeing pom the silver lining is, it is all rather pretty, it beats knee deep mud and I have no obligation to do anything except stay inside ( bar feedtimes). Vaughn on the other hand was changing into his snowboarding gear the instant a snowflake appeared.....this was to no avail as when the snow did reach suitable conditions for boarding down the hill ( dodging the horses on the way) he had to work.....and help bucket water, haha!

The snow was just in time for cuzzies Meg and Erin to arrive, who were doing a trip around...well everywhere really. So what are you to do with visitors when you cant drive anywhere and you live in the middle of no where? ?..you walk to the pub of course! The Sunday Roast went down a treat in front of the open fire. We were able to navigate the road into Bury the next day to show the girls around andit was a good opportunity to take some shots of the third season winter version of the Abbey Gardens. Vaughn has this tour down pat now...he thinks he should start selling tickets.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement




Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb